2004/03/19

I am not sure if the ' good friend " with the dominate carrier will help or hurt us, as a major transnational corporation, code of conduct is the highest bible every executive shall follow, integrity play a vital role in the trust-based relationship; but as you grow the company and grow the business. lot of people want to extended their business with you , so you will encounter with people you force to see ; this time, I think I am doing OK with this situation, as this person vividly express his strong connection with this carrier and the relationship with the high ranking officials who control or making decisions, I don't mind people bluff about how good they are, as 6 degree theory explained it; but I am a little bit worry about if you don't corporate, you are my enemy sort of potential threaten. I am not afraid of any bail operation, the road maybe bumper than before, but as long as we stay on the right track, we will reach at the destination for sure.

creating room for 3rd party and building their business is a very simply way in normal business environment, think about the blood donation, it won't hurt the body, but someone benefit from your " good intention ", in the vital and bright business environment, this is a " mainstream vs application " situation, in the dark side of business, this can be called the " power and corruption " behavior.

I think I can handle it well and can play a neutral role in this situation, for the best of company interest. keep this in mind, then you don't need to overly worry.

I have acted as marketing manger for one month, time flied, I hardly remember I normal diary life, move and sit around marketing staff and release their tension and instability, this is a good experience, all the CEO shall regain the basic knowledge of fundamental operation, almost all the executive agree that no matte how high up you are, close to your customer and visit retailer are 2 major task they should equip all the time, which is right, but if you forget the basic routine / rules / process / communication / response to challenge from cross dept , then you will no longer aware of the real operation, since you been make decision too long and forget the truth of communication and project leadership.