2004/03/04

I organized a lunch to match a pre-Kyoto trip advisor session. AJ is the guest, Mr. Shu is the advisor, I am the host, we pick Regent to meet, Shu arrived on time, I forget to bring up the books / maps Shu informed, so, go down to get it, AJ late due to the traffic jam in Lin Ko; the scheduled lunch is a " Basic Understanding of Kyoto -- or how to escape and get lost in Kyoto ", but we didn't touch the subject, 3 of us talked everything but Kyoto, the time running fast, we hardly finish the lunch by 3 pm, AJ is so excited to see Mr. Shu and impressed by his way of looking life and feeling life; yes Shu is an unique person, met him twice with Director Chang, reading his book and listening to his opinions about everything is a wonderful thing. His book " An idea afternoon " is a best seller without any physical promotion, people want to associate with him. a great traveling author.

Attending a radio interview at BBC, as I guessed, this is a independent production company buying airtime from the station and creating business upon it, by inviting people to the show, they keep on creation the interface with possible advertisement from varies enterprise; they didn't study me or our company well, so , the interview is imbalance, the interviewee -- me, performing much better then the interviewer. 45 minutes of talking, I controlled 80 percent of the time.

Inviting new but yet on board Finance manger to dinner is for updating both party's situation, we provide her the offering letter 3 weeks ago, but her on board day is still month from now, in order to keep the intimacy, I told COO we better invite her for a private dinner, casually talk and build trust; the dinner went on as expected, she receive our message, as I know she is living in my neighborhood, so, I send her home and sensed that her resign from current company is not a happy situation; we are lucky to have this dinner, this can inject some blood to her " made-already " decision.

Out of the office for half the day, I love what Shu suggested to all the big boss " Look Busy " is the tactic everyone shall learn, I shall follow this magic ? Or medicine?