2004/02/25

Acting on marketing is a heavy loading job, when conduct interview ( coffee break ) with remaining staff, I found the problems is more than I know, some of the staff consider leaving, 2 of them apply the resignation form already, why they want to go not mainly cause by the management style, frustration and lost of achievement are key factors.
I move my office to managers' seat from Monday, it shows my strong intention to work with marketing team, yes, I did it on purpose; in the open space, I can easily heard why my staff talk about and think about; first day is a little bit stranger, but when stay longer, I feel much comfortable, originally, I only want to spend half day there, now I am thinking full day working on marketing managers' table.

arranging the annual marketing meeting is something heavy as wee, the time is rush, so I have to invite speaker in swift way, 2 identified -- they are professionals, but I am not sure if they are capable to teach; what I am proud of is to inviter Professor Lee for the strategic formulation session on March 3rd, he is the teacher who I really respect during the EMBA study, he agreed to help me and start preparing his topic, I am exciting to see the result.

S. decided to take marketing mangers' role and embrace the challenge; it release me and COO a lot, one of the talent who we want to keep and grow, S's commitment to this new challenge gave me strong confidence about our new organization. this is coincident, before her OK to COO, I send her a book written by Kottler -- Marketing Management, before she made up her mind, we will help her in all areas and make sure all of us doing the right thing.

Formal Content mangers came to see me and seek my advice for her next career plan. she is the person indirectly helping me transfer to me current industry, she is the person who taught me basic internet common sense and access to the internet world, she helping the company in the start up era with all her heart; leaving company and pursuing her academic degree for 2 years in UK, now she is back to Taiwan, I owe her a favor, and willing to place her somewhere with my friend's company, during our lunch today, I know that she have found a job she's willing to try, so, I encourage her to take it first and leaning new experience in international trading and selling area.

relatives forming an animation / cartoon company is a idea from me but pushing by my wife, I can be the brain to write the main concept or article, cosine can turn it to a script and Kirk and do animation on the last touch, after this, I will put on the music -- original or cover ... well, a lot to think before action, but for this, take action first may be a good start.