2004/02/12

The message delivered after lunch at Starbucks located in Software Park; it's a bad feeling to telling someone your are not qualified to work with us, or telling him / her they don't fit in our culture ; COO start the conversation in straight way, I followed with mild explanation; amicably we agreed to set Friday the last working day and handover all the project to me; after the session, I asked COO how he feels to express such a message, did he fell uncomfortable or pain ? the answer surprised me a little, he said not a big deal right now, as we have to take company interest the top priority, deliver tough decision like this is on our job description.

on the way back to office, COO explained more, and told me as far as he know, only a few Japanese executive garnered such an experience to dismiss someone from his post; this is not a Japanese management style; and only a few people had the experience to run a company -- expatriate working together to complete / achieve mission deployed from head quarter won’t running an independent company; who equip the authority to replace staff is quite a flesh thing to him, this can really bringing someone's will to the bottom and to fulfill the management challenge.

I sent out the article about passion today, this is a request by our advertising agent, the subject looks simply, but when you start writing, you found it is not so easy to develop, abstract, intangible, disciplinable, you don't know how to smooth your logic and make it a easy to understand article; I change the body to " Q and A " style, Minguey seems satisfied with the result, anyway, I am working on behalf of him, I did try my best.

be selected as the judge panel for Golden Melody Award this year, the rule is interesting, to be mutual, anyone in the hot seat can't be invited as the judge, so, I don't have the chance to seat on the panel chair before; 3 years after, I am checking in and review the industry's works from outside.