2004/01/24

Back dated for Jan. 1 2004
Happy New Year, as my wide guess, I do receive a few SMS from those I know and those I don't familiar with; most of them do send out by themselves, one or two of them, I guest was send out by there PR staff, as the seasons greeting card, you can easily receive the Christmas card from celebrities with they name printed on the card, for me, the card itself mean nothing, the sending even don't know the person they send, not to mention the greeting from their heart; I don't do this, If I really want to greet someone, I will write it down by myself with the word coming form my heart, paper work can only be exercised on administrative part such as mailing, posted, print out the envelope and seal it. if you wish to leave the correct impression, do something yourself, sometimes, the touch coming from the quality you delivered, not how efficiency you can distribute your " model of greeting " to as many people as possible.

I sleep the year over and wake up at 10:30, bringing my family to the " Fresh Fish " restaurant for lunch as our New Year celebration, the restaurant owner is as kind as before, I will visit the shop twice next week, but can't wait to taste the fresh from off-shore island PenHu, CTBY Yogurt is the perfect sweet after a heavy meal, we drove to the shop at Taipei zOO, 4 of us enjoy the desert after

Jan. 23 . 2004

this is the fourth day of Chinese New Year, 2 more days left before working, long holidays will lazy people, I mean people like me, need the clock and calendar to displace me, need deadline to be my driver; although I set a few projects to be completed by Chinese New Year, it seems my New Years' resolution is in vain; I woke up a little bit earlier than the pass 4 days, actually, it's 8:30 am already and walked up to my pent house -- the study room and do my homework for Fruit, print out photos which we took in Kenting to finish her winter holidays' home school assignment.

for the pass few days, only a few remarks, yesterday, we took kids to 2 movies, this is kids day so to speak, we pick the cinema which dub the Mandarin to accommodate Sound -- who hardly read sub-titles, first movie we went is " Brother Bear " another family entertainment animation by Disney, quality as before, excellent storyline, compelling drawing and metaphor for family value, harmony between wildlife and human; the other one we went is " witch cat ", a funny but well designed film for kids, my finding is, very kid in the family hope for a crazy day / event to turn everything upside down and fix all the problem before parent return; this fill feed this idea to both parent and children; so kid's dream is simply, do whatever told by parent -- don't do it;

the day before yesterday is the New Years day, we woke up late and wife drove all the family to a northern pacific coast highway trip, we get on this mini-sedan and drive to the sea, it's cold outside, we traveling along the Pacific Ocean and see the tide and strong waves, accidentally, we arrived at one of the holly religious mountain -- Far Kou Shen near Chin-shen ( Golden mountain ), this is the place where I took my ZEN Mediation study 3 years ago, I recall the place where I worship the Buddha and saw the younger master who's praying for all the believers for the good year, I am happy to bring all family here and cherish the good spirit, it's like the shower of love and peace, on our way home, we do nothing, wife went to bed very early, and I watch the recorded table tennis campaign ship for about 2 hours.

on the new year eve, wife prepare the dinner for the family, she stayed in the kitchen for almost 6 hours, my parent brought kid out to keep a quiet enviroment for us for the feast, it's tired to prepare the New Year Supper and we do it almost every year except last year -- we went to China for Chinese New Year, that's really fun, next year, I promise my wife to find a place for New Year, otherwise, it's boring and you got nothing to do , this will wary you out.

Present red-envelop to your family is a major activity after the New Year Eve meal, this is the happiness hour for children, for them who can't earn for living can receive money from the elder and buy what they wish to have during the New Year, I remember when I was young -- in junior high, on one New Year, when receive the red envelope, I went for gambling, I don't recall I won or loose, but I did go to gambling, this is strange, when glow up, I don't gamble anymore, even in the Chinese New Year , almost all the family will provide " home entertainment -- Marjon ", but we don't play, none of our family members gamble at home or outside -- a nu-tradition we set in our family.