2004/01/06

last evening, I went for a press conference which were invited by one of the top portal in town, when arrived at the venue, check the itinerary, I found my presence means minor to the party, after sing off on the attendee list, I decided to leave before the ceremony, I am not upset because they don't position me in the value place, but to justify my cost / effectiveness, I shall be informed earlier about the purpose of my attendance, otherwise, the time spending on the road is the cost bear by the company, they pay me to choose what's value or benefit to the company, for things like it, the productivity is slim , this is the reason behind my sudden return to office.

Press conference is an interesting occasion, you have major cast -- person or product, and the story to support, most important, you need to create or design the visual image to impress both audience and media, in house media must be touched by your creativity, media must be feed by your visual design before send it to mass audience; so , most of the case, the press conference will be outsourced to event company, most of the time, when the creativity juicy running day , you will easily see less-dressed young lady standing on the stage to support whatever product you want to present or promote. it cause me remember the 3 major export from the States, said by who : Sex, Drug and rocking roll, and some advertising firm express further, indicate the word " Sex sells ".

Last night, it's 3 men's night , 2 Japanese and me forming a gourmet group to seek unique and delicious restaurant in town, this time, I introduce the " Fresh Fish " restaurant to them, this is the greatest fish place I found in Taipei, but we ate too fast, 50 minutes only, we finished our dinner. so, if we really want to initiative conversation during the dinner, this restaurant wasn’t an ideal place, but, we have lot of fun eating the flesh fish, you know what, when you really enjoy food, you hardly talk during the meal unless there's a drink break, so, if you tired of talking while eating, try any good restaurant, you may save a lot of breath.

Tonight, I am going to the same restaurant again, this time, a big party, 14 people will sit and eat the freshness, I am inviting our advertising agent to a before Chinese New Year meal to show our gratitude for the past year they did for us, I also prepare lottery tickets as the red envelope for them, I thinks this little surprise will make him contribute more next year.