2004/07/08

Continue the 3 in a party gourment session tonight with 2 of my Japanese colleage, this is a quarterly gathering among us, I am the guide for introducing renowne and over-valued restaurant; tonight, the restaurant I picked is Lung-Chi restaurant near by Chung Shan Hall, a famous Zenchang restaurant established over 50 years; as usual, I began with a brief introduction of the restaurant and the cusines it provided, then I will order the food for everyone.

this is an old restaurant, minor decoration, aged waiter and frenquent visit customers, the food is good and the ambience is historical; half way down our meal came an old man, I guess he must be over 80's, he set down without saying a word, the waiter bring over a half bottle chinese liquer -- with a stick on the bottle, we can tell this is the left over from his previous visit; we take a wide guess of his first visit to this restaurant, must be 40 years ago; he drink alone, slowly digest the food he ate and taking time enjoy the meals in front of him; this is a picture of " Enjoy someone's life ", I think he is alone now and no man making meals at home for him.

we finished the dinner by 8:20, this is normal as well, we only came to eat and selectivly talking during the meal.

sitting in front the TV and waiting for PTS's documentary film " The era of dancing " , the history of pop music in Taiwan, I didn't know the first record company was founded in 1920's by one Japanese orphen and didn't know in the 30's the most popular pop music is Ger-Tsai-She , a local drama originate from I-lan country, and learnt that the dancing era in Taiwan begin at 1929 when the record company ( Columbia, yes, the Taiwanese Columbia Record ) release the famous " My blue heaven ", this is part one of the documentary. I was from music industy and knew little about the begining of pop in Taiwan; it is fun and educational.

0 Comments:

張貼留言

<< Home