2004/07/07

2 and half days stay with father, he is 80 right now, however his physical status and state of mind is pretty young, the little house in front of the small hill is his hide away since 30 years ago, he bought this place from 4 differenct persons at that time and change it to a orchid and farm. working on land is what he enjoyed, he always belive that sweat is the true productivity from a man and he follow this pholosophy since then, even in the bad weather like a few days ago, the mud flow cause a great damage to central Taiwan. but according to his neighborhood ( the close one is away from him for 2 miles ), even the rain falls like hell, he keep working on the water exit moat until dawn and didn't aware of the danger he explored.

My wife told me the happines thing in these few days is that he finally sleep in the same room with me in 20 years, this is something new to me, I didn't expect that the impact is so hugh and I didn't understand this means a lot to him, for saving some money, we decided to keep only one room in Janfusan Prince Hotel. this bring back his memory about me. the more he talked, the more I feel uncomfortable, as he taling too much without digest his mind -- but what's the hell, why should a father talk to his son before thinking well ? or shall everyone carefully think before speak even you are with your family ? he will tell me the naughy thing or bad memory when I was little, I don't know why, it won't creat any intimacy at all and why not look positively at me and see what's been achieved these day ? I am not talking about great accomplishment, but the dream and wish he always want me to be, I made it without his advicning and it seems he is too happy to bring me the worst memeory about me in his heart, it make me feel so unhappy, thanks for my wife who keep my temper down and asked me to calm down and accept a 80 years old man's lecture, no matter it means anything to me.

seeing fathers' friend is anothe torcher, he is good at making friend with starngers in all walk of life and in all demografic of age group, on our way home, he insisted to invite us to a reataurant where he make a good friend with a year ago, he preached about how great the owner are and how excellent the crusine is; again, my wife beg me to fulfill one of my faters' goal this time, when met the owner, I understand he is only pleased to be their friend and they don't really appreciated his bothering all the time, this is the problem with my father, making friend without prior study , devoted himself entirely to any new friend, then step into a delimn of doing more or not, final starge will be suffer from the best friends didn't equally treat the relationship each other; thank God by now the problems causes only related to his feeling, if he encounted with some bad guy who knows us via him, then our family will be in deep trouble. he is lucky and we are lucky too.

you can't change a 80 years old man, not to mention he is your father , in Chinese tradition. you obey and listen, you respect the elder and value the experience they garnered, this is my father, who is now excited about my post graduation degree, a MBA degree from National Taiwan University. this is by far the best gift I present to him, he won't change and will never stop making new friend.

0 Comments:

張貼留言

<< Home