2007/12/17

LCPC enrollment Day 2007 Dec. 17

Day after YPO X'mas party, to me, I take it as a farewell party to me, playing the circling for gift at the belcony Saturday at Charles Chen's Private gardon, the venue where YPO party take place, I win 5 bottles of red wine, which is abnormal to me, and surprise to many others. I cut off the party and returning home by 8:30 pm, it's inconvenience to get taxi outside the private gardon, I am the ONLY members who don't have a driver-car and car, this is abnormal too, however, beening drifting for 2 years, this is how my situation is. so, when the decicion made, I annonced my commitment at my Forum meeting, a lot of commets and opinons flowing - in, today, all the comments realized one by one, I am not saying everyone's prophet or genius, but I believe most of them going through what I am expecting to experience or learn now.

Do my housekeeping on Saturday morning, this is a behavior change the first step, as a change agent or promote myself, but now I have to be the changer, or the person sitting on the hot seat, the growth should be significant and should be impactful - for me especially.

Taking the second earliest THSR to Taichung on Sunday morning, a pre-caution and alert in mind, I didn't falling in sleep quite deep, so, woke up by 5:30 am without any alarm, clean up and washing, taking taxi to Railroad station -- the taxi to station wan't a good start - going the wrong route, bumping to a big hole and had my head bang to the roof, and terriblly the driver don't keep any changes with him, I need to pay additonal 65 dollors and his tips ...

Arrving at the Sheng Kwang Papar Manufacture by 8:00 am, one hours earlier than the meeting time, I was told this is a monthly technology committe meeting, but when the meeting started, I find it is a " Monthly Reviewing meeting " based on TPS ( Toyoto Production System ) or the Toyota Way - from finanical performance review, productivity review, machinecal performance review , man power review , JIT project review and Kaishen case presentation, in the morning session is for the Paper Product portion ( cartoons so to speak ), the afternoon session is for the Industrial Paper Mill, both lead by the technology head, Bengo is a belivers in Toyoto Way, I was giving the bible ( book ) the first day, the envolope of my package shows how prudent this company or this boss is ( everyone call Bengo's name - BOSS ), since I am here to learn , to grow and to change, compensation means less than before, however, the machnism make Meiling so upset, she advise me how to take a proactive attitude to this learning process, to win everyone's truth and to earn my value from Bengo.. I know this is a taugh mission. as I am volunteering to take it, I should be inspired to the change, but force to be changed.

Thanks God for my six sense, it warning me to resign from the Shung Shang Fundation borad member seat, because on the last course of the meeting, Beng accuse YFE for not response for a good paper company and bring everyone to hell from Nov. this year, and he curse the company firiencely. so, every boss perform exact the same, If I run a factory, I will one day turn myself to the person I hate maybe.. how to balance my inner heart with the enviroment outside is a learning ahead.

The meeting ended by 6:30 pm, we - the delegation were late for our train to Tainain, Bengo sent his first SMS to me by 7:00 am, appreciate my staying for a day, my response is positive too, the only problem to me is how to get rid of the " Sleeping warn", no coffee at office, bad air in the meeting room, very long and non experience related topic, no matter how concentrate I am, the sleepoing devil keep calling my name, this is the bug I need to fix and bail my out of this unprofessional situation. we arrvied at Tainan Station by 8:15 pm, arrving at a good new hotel - Justwin Grand Hotel around 9'oclock, everyone's hungry, so gatheirng by 9:10 pm and go for a very simply dinner, taking with wife for the first nigh. she cry for me, for the fortune in front of me and for the unfair ( this is too early to judge ) treatment from BOSS - now I shoud never call him Bengo , but Boss.

I won't write down too much of the technical process from the orientation, but more address on the nature of manufactor, the mindset of a BOSS, the people work on the company, the trend developing to a paper industry and my mental and physical changing in the process... a very rare and unique journey stared.