2004/07/14

A. came for lunch, I invited him cause he is the only person who send flow to my office on the day of my passing oral test, I didn't ask for the flower, but he did, he is currently study in a long distanact EMBA couses, the Universtiy is located in Australia, they rent the facility and facaulty from NTU, Today, we suppose to review his last touch on thesis, the " Gratidude page " showed my nama, I am not so comfortable as I am not contribute big in his writing, a minor job to draw a systematic retionale, that's all.

we had coffee after the lunch, in Starbucks, he begain selling himself, so anxious, the non-stop promotion cause me to say " Hold on ", I am the wrong target for him to sale, we are primary school classmate, break for more than 30 years, the reuninon is a happy thing, but we don't have a histroy in working nor share the same value when grow up; I assertively told him to look at the situaion in practical way, kill one goal -- obtain the MBA degree, he must move on to next one, to identify his future - join the job market or be an entreprenure or own a small shop staying with the family; I told him the rule of nature is ' Trade off ", you priorities what you lack of, and ignor what on your hands; see a better you, see a better future and be practice; when he asked me to give up dreaming by 40's, will not be too long, will not be to negtive ? my answer was, people have too many options, but only one way to go, once you decided which way to go, you should enjoy the small happiness coming form your decison, not cry out loud for what you havn't experienced, you can't compare each other at the same time and place, take you call and be happy with whatever you choose; there's a Chinses saying : " 8 out of 10 things in life is unsatisfied " so, we should enjoy the one or two rare happiness and be stable to the unhappy outcome in life; I told him my cost of risk is envn higher then him, think how many CEO out there waiting for me ? when you grow old, you lost the ambiton to be an independent entrepoure, I may end up open a samll noodle ventor somewhere in middle of Taiwan, but I will be satisfied with the situation, if I need to compromise with the reality, then I shall do it as everybody does.

I am no sure if the conversation bring him any benefit, be assertiveness, be honesy and true to yourself, I will follow it and to let people surrond me understand it.

0 Comments:

張貼留言

<< Home