2003/07/25

Alternative therapy, a new thought in old-fashioned mind, it occurred to people of age and people who giving up hope in scientific treatment, or who have too much money, too much time and too afraid of dying in pain; to sum it up. Alternative therapy is an alternative to body and soul.

I went for an alternative treatment yesterday, it's an interesting experience, one of my friend -- Vincent , a business and training consultant who told me he met a unique person who use his special power to heal people's ill and pain, Vincent asked if I am free for lunch with him and willing to introduce us; I am OK to everything under one condition which is there's no drug or operation involved, we get together as Vincent's office and heading for lunch appointment ; the person we met is Mr. Chang, who perform his unique power without practice or training, he learnt how to use his Chi -- an intangible power healing people all by accident, the story he told is like a fairy tale, seems like year ago, he found himself understand almost all the difficult to learn Buddha’s bible and publishing, after review those saint books, he gradually developed the power to heal people, but he didn't take any money for that and didn't ask for and return favor; Vincent met him via one of his friend who's in the insurance industry, then the snow ball rolling, every Thursday, there will be a lunch and healing gathering in Lion Restaurant.

the process he take is simple, you were asked to sit one a chair, closing your eyes and relax, then he will waive the winds ( air ) from his bare hand and push the Chi into your body, when performing this task, his hands didn't touch your skin, from head to leg, the cycle goes like 3 times, you may fall asleep because of closing your eyes after meal, the entire treatment will take about 20 minutes. when it come my turn, I act exactly as other did, I am not quite sure if I falling asleep, I am not sure if Chi floating in my body or it's palm wind blows, when open my eyes, Mr. Cheng wasn't there, the prior treaties sit still, but I woke up and leave.

I can't really tell the difference, what he knows is I have an nose allergy problem by heritage, and it goes with me since I was born, I am not expecting to be cured so easily, but I don't know how to measure the development as well. this is the first time I take alternative therapy, hard to explain, it's a brand new experience for me.