2003/07/28

I had a great coffee break with our Engineering manager, this is a serious discussion about management down to second layer and the conversation related to communication breakdown , if I didn't dig deeper or dig harder, I may not able to discover the problem in the cosmetic dept. if I didn't aware the ice-berg phenomenon, then I may never knowing why my best manager got such a frustration and thinking of leaving; yes, this is a management case and a tough scenario to think, how to rebuilt the confidents for the mangers down 3 layer below me and not to cause panic for the VP who is the dominate player in the dept. and who filleting me and COO out of the decision process and fail the good solider in the front line.

When the manager advise me not to trust them too much otherwise I will get hurt, it surprise me, trust is the keyword I followed in the job market and this is the centric of my working ethic, how come , my talent manager equip with the courage telling me this message; I don't like to play game and I know our enemy is outside the cooperation , from day 1. I preach for every co-work to think we are in the same boat, to think to survive before success, to work and to service as a family.

I know this is one of the tough task to perform, I know this no to choose from one of them. this is about how to change VP's mentality , to coach him how to act and be respected as the VP, and to create rooms and space for mangers to speak, grow and sharing insight in regard to the company development.

I need to think about it carefully and to conduct a proper means solving this difficulty.