2004/06/13

YPO members meething plus kick out / off party was the key event yesterday; after the ping pong exercise, I took a rest and go to 101 earlier than the scheduled meeting, as I promise to check the talent and make sure sound check is OK, so , I approached at the MINT by 4:00 pm, Greg's sound check went smoothly, I did some converstaion when waiting the PA staff arrvived; he's been in Taiwan for 12 years and teaching business English, a SOHO so to speak, when expained to him my previous career in music industry,I saw the shining eyes from him; he don't understand why I decided to depart from this amazing career, I promise to help him achieve a few of the musical dreams.

members' meeting begin by 5 pm, 21 members out of 41 shows up, 4 new members include me are not familiar with the meeting procedure, so, I keep silence in the entire meeting; when they discussed the panelty for less active members and the shortage of found, I found every meeting go the same way, no matter how elite the group is, when it come to money, everyone have his own view, as this is an open discussion, 3 agenda last for 2 hours.

Party began at 6:30 pm, the figer sanderwitch is so deliciour, I am almost full when eating varies of little appertizer, when the host asking eveyone to take some real food, I am the first one to take Spanish seafood rice -- it taste so good; greg keep playing guitar for an hour, since I give him a frindly signal before, he understood that the music in this party will be the backgroud only, no much of the participant will appreciate it, but I did. after a short break-in introduction, the members' show begin by 7:30, the presentation of next year's event is excellent, some day chairman promote their progam is an unique way and do impress a lot of us, event such as : visiting high speed railroad systme with Anita Yin -- the chairlady of Taiwan High Speed , she is a YPO's as well; On board the Lafayet fleet with David Du, Simulation Filght with Charles Chen, Gourment with Stevent Thui.... the bluntry of program distingulish the PYO with other assocaition, and this is what money can't buy, I am expecting to attend it all.

kick out party will feature a " program " designed for the gradaluate -- those who at 50th, the are no longer a Young PO, this year, they designed a belly dancing show, all 4 graduate dress up like Alrabian lady and dacning with 3 profesional belly dancer, it's fun and entertaining.

I will chair a program for " folk music revival ", to cope the theme of the year " Continuity and Balance ", would like to demostrate what I specilized before, I am thinking to organized a small campuss folk artist reuninon and singing 60's folk song and to crate a 60" ambience -- including deco and accommodation; venue is a issue, I don't like Hotles -- Chang Sang Hall shall be a idea place.

arrived home by 9:30, wife asked me to go out and bring our daugher for a late night sight seeing, I am surprised she support her daughter this time, so we drove to the famous " CIRCLE" in old town where night vendors occupied the night; I ate at a Japanese vendor restaurant, the food is so great -- the little spring , no wonder everyone when we stroll the area, the seats all always full.

0 Comments:

張貼留言

<< Home