2004/07/26

David Ho, the man of the year on Time Magazine's 1996 year end issue came to deliver a short speech, he was invited by Walter Wang -- a YPO NY charpter member, and co-host the dinner with Jeffery Koo jr. and leverage the venue offered by Steven Pen, all the high ranking celebriety came together for witness this outstanding oversea Chinese, I was there on time - the reward for arriveing punchality is to get to shake  hand with Dr. David Ho before the venue getting crowed, when we talked, it seems his eyes are floating around for eye contacting with guests coming in the venue, but, I did occupied 10 minutes of his time to share his latest development in AIDS research and vaccine development, he was famous for the controlled cocktail treatment to HIV infected patient, by defination, this is not a cure, but a control with great improvment, he manged to extend the live for more than 10 years. this is by far the most comprehensive achievement in scientific devleopment.
 
The China AIDS initative is what he brought to us -- yes, it is a fund raising party, no wonder Jeffery and Walter will jointly hosting dinner, aj sitting next to me, we were thinking how to make the documentary film " Life " a great campaing as well; I am getting used to the atmosphere the YPOers' create in the activity, social and social, I can be the lonely one observing this on going shows, every celebraity need the platform, once the helo getting dimmed, they won't show up anyway, I don't have such a burdon, I am buying myself a ticket to the world of rich and famous, a close look as them and to digest how they social together and working together, tonight, 2 group unified under David, YPO and The Lunch Club, you need a core and magnet to attract people like this, David is the hub of the core, he himself is a great mind, so, he built the platform for everyone to chat and meet, charity is one thing, seeing long lost friend is the other.
 
Walter bringing back a documentary titled " Being Amercian " - a film talking about the overseas Chines tracking back from the Gold Rush era, a 3 DVD series, everyone get one set as sovernier after dinner, a treasure to bring one, this is the thing turn me on, it remind me the documentary shooting by China titled " Forever little students " -- a film discover the pioneer foreign little student to the States 120 years ago, I have a deep curisty finding the roots for oversean Chinese, a Western view cross with Chinese view, It should be found.
 
lunch bread alone again, went for the pig troutt rice and sneak in the therater for " King Arthur ", I like the movie, no nonsence, straight fighting and very macho orientation, an entertaining movie to keep the summer away.
 
writing my essay about " Ocean Music Festival " in my PDA, I am thinking to publish it somewhere in Newspaper, I should begin to comment on things cause my interested, should I do so, I am not sure.

0 Comments:

張貼留言

<< Home