2003/08/01

There are couple days of window between last writing, yes, too busy to deal with business issues and didn't grab time for blogging, for the past few days, lots of thing happen, well. diary is to record what's been happen.

Starting from this morning, I met with Vice Chairperson of CEPD - which can be deem as the architect for Taiwan development, the dept. in charge of draw the road map of ' where Taiwan's going ? ", we met her to raise the issue of unfair competition in Taiwan in the network infrastructure and environment, this is another way to leverage the role as " Foreign investing global company " we only have 30 minutes and she seems to aware of our concern.

Yesterday, there's a pre-budget meeting held in Regent Hotel, we met for breakfast meeting, I was there 1 hours ahead of the meeting schedule, coincidently, I met an old friend who we haven’t see each other for more then 15 years, she married and move to Taichung, I saw her and her husband, we chat a little bit and exchange the contact, in Taichung, she still contact with the our mutual friend, it's been decade, she told me that my news were distributed in the classmate circle, they talk about me and sharing my achievement , been a public figure or celebrity, you do care how people see you and how they associate with you.

Budget went ok, there's are some bugs and I didn't challenge my colleague since they been fix the numbers for days, they are worn out, to be honest, result is more important than process in the world of business, no matter how hard you try, if there's no result, there won't be any appreciation, doing budget is the same, if you wrong with the logic or didn't prepare an convincing story, the logic will then break and you hardly can fix the hole you dig.

The day before I had dinner with head of Sony Erriscon Asian Pacific -- Nakai-san, 5 people at the diner table and talking about the night club life in Taiwan, this is purely man's talk, I am not a fan of night life , but it seems this is one of the important element in business life, I don't know,

Speech went perfect, to handle tech geek with human touch works. this is a good approach and tactic, remember to put you mind and heart together before speech, don't forget " Practice make perfect " be prepared.