2003/08/17

I went south to Tainai in the early morning of Sat. I brought wife there to see Welly's musical " Wedding Banquet " the second time, I bought 4 tickets and invite my best friend Dr. Wei and his wife to the musical on Sat. night.

Me and my wife book our trip via the on-line agency, arrived and check in the hotel at around 12 noon, since we have more than 5 hours before the meeting, we decided go to the movie " Tomb Raider 2 ", most of the time, sequel won't surpass the pilot ( James Bond movie is an exception ) , but we found TR2 is better than the first one, the production, CG and story were great, we do enjoy the movie.

5:30 pm, Dr. Wei's wife come to pick us up to his house and pay visit to Madman Wei -- Dr. Wei's mother see me grow since I was a primary school boy, Dr. Wei and I are best friend among all our mutual friend, with proven academic background, Dr. Wei operate his own clinic for several years already, we had a quick dinner and head for the venue -- Art Center of Tainai, it's a walking distance from Dr. Wei's house to the venue.

To my surprise, the box office in Tainai is great, and the reaction to the musical is even more direct comparing with audience in Taipei; second time seeing the musical, I had more time to digest the lines, the actor / actress and the music portion. the venue in Taiana is big then in Taipei, so the microphone shall adjusted, Simon , Wei Wei together with Wen-tong win most of the applause during the show, the after show autograph session was quite successfully; Mrs. Yang told me Welly wish to see me after the show, I had a plan to bring Dr. Wei's couple as well, this is the first time, I am showing they the life of an artist and something behind the scene.

We went to a hot pot restaurant, Dr. Wei kindly enough to bring 2 red wine there, we sit next to Welly and Tina ( the Wei, Wei ), Dr. Wei speaks very good English and commend a lot of the conversation, he was so curious about the life of an Broadway actor and want to know how their career begin with -- singing before dancing or dancing before singing. We hang out there until 1 am in the morning, I think this leave Dr. Wei's couple an unforgettable memory.

it's a pity that my wife didn't interactive with them a lot, for her, it's sharing time with me and to wait until everyone want to go or continue to next activity, this is not fair for her as she hardly can conduct conversation in English, this social event made her feel uncomfortable, I thought language barrier contribute part of it.

The following morning we had a big fight, well, this is the uncomfortable feeling carry over to the next morning, we fix the problem for about 3 hours. Thanks god, it's happy ending again, at noon, we stroll on the department store food court and took some local flavors.

This sum up my weekend; in Aug. I am busy scheduling family actives, next Sunday, we will fly to Taitaung for hot spring trip, me and my wife along, neither bring any one nor visit anybody, a totally relax vacation, I hope to finish 2 books by then, the busy week will arrive in a few hours.