2003/08/04

Saturday morning, I woke up late due to a midnight movie with my wife in the prior evening, we went to " Bad Boy 2 ", with high expectation and feel disappointed; the action design wasn't bad, but the story and the line in the movie is so bad; I hardly can stand the drag and meaningless line when Will Smith talking to Martin Lawrence, it's a pity to see a sequel lower it's standard or lower it's standard of target audience.

I went to the Computer Application Show by 9:45, this is the biggest computer show after SARS, we did have a big exhibition vendor there for customer acquisition and for branding purpose, PC show in Taiwan is like a direct selling market, visitors anticipate a lower than market price , and they did, especially in the last show day, a lot of vendor will declare a house keeping policy like " everything must go " or " sell as the demo price ", it's very crowded, so . thieves, hustlers will all gather for this festival; I stay there for about 2 hours and heading for another lunch appointment with Henry, a genius I called long time a go, a true entrepreneur who establish his pilot business by selling PC in German, a Taiwanese relocate to Berlin and doing business there for 10 years. we know each other due to the transaction in the military, I was his successor for the title " Officer of Monumer ", when he return from German, he contact with me and I have a chance to see how he start his business one by one, from target decor airplane to arcade game, to business initiatives in China and currently he fall into the cosmetic field and using Natotech extracting Chinese Medicine and making it the original Chinese skin care and beauty product. he failed in Taiwan and China for many new initiatives , but trying new things is the charter born with him, I catch up with him once in a while and see his new development, the conversation we did last weekend , what he said about " identical Chinese business " impressed me, he took other country's good at and make comparison to Chinese, it seems we lack of any significant industry to stand out among all the developing countries. he said when asked about what he want to do the most to distinguish China, he said in the china business, a smart response , but a good way to start with, Inspired by this idea, I was thinking what do be last for long and be identified as the " Chinese Industry ", it shall be related to what we keep for a long time, with uniqueness and can't be produced by foreign countries : they might be " Modernization of Chinese Medicine" " Culture and tourist business " , well I need to put more heart on this subject.

I keep the exercise hobby for 4 months, so, in the Sat. afternoon, the 3 men Ping Pong take place as usual, Sam, Osking and me, 3 person with the same level of competition make the exercise even harder, you have to be concentrate and pulling yourself together in the entire game, we were all exhausted and the game stop earlier then before, we finished the game before 5 pm and went for Coffee, during the coffee break, I learned that Osking is studying Chinese fortunate telling technique before and very good at telling someone's fortune by break-up your Chinese name, it's fun to listen to him, he use some communication skill, his knowledge of Chinese character and observation of human nature, mapping the road map of someone, very interesting.

Sunday is a good family day, today I took a early train and bringing Sound, Fruit with me to the dream beach -- Fulong again, left my wife at home to enjoy single life which she almost forget 10 more years ago, we arrived at the beach by 8:30, thanks to the Typhoon in southern Taiwan, the wave is strong and high, kids are so exciting in surfing and playing with the wave, I play the best father of the day on Sunday, evening was for me and my wife , today is prior to Chinese St. Valentine’s Day - July 7th on the lunar Year, we went for a bad dinner, well, it do keep the memory fresh.

This week will be a busy week for re-budget meeting, I will take a business trip to Tokyo to arrange board meeting, attending operation review meeting etc. see you all probably in a week if I don't get a chance to hook up on line.