2003/10/24

Ican really feel his heart, Oda -- a man over 50, standing on the stage, telling the world where he come from, how he feel now and where he is going to, an artist for decade, so truth and so sincere; last night at TICC, we sponsor a J-pop concert, in the very beginning , this is the reconnection of relationship with Mr. Yu, then we treat it as a retention program, but it end up of everyone enjoy the concert, from Japanese executive to all the Taiwanese audience, I can tell half of them don't understanding Japanese -- that include me, but still appreciate Oda's music so much and feel how he feels on stage; to me, this is a replicate of Oda's musical journey for the last 3 decades; he names the company Far East Club, dreaming of becoming an international artist, begin with forming a local band " of course " a very popular J pop band in the 70 and 80th, I knew very little about him, but he seems to know the limitation of knowledge extended to most of the audience, that's why the program design and repertoire he offered is a " Knowing me " process, what touch me are:
-- as 50th, he still performing on stage, so energetic, sound so beautiful. touching audience with wide range -- from teens to 50 years old.
-- so sincere, to facility the concert, he prepare almost all the introduction in English. some of the famous numbers, he even add on Chinese subtitle and broadcasting on the huge LED projector on stage.
-- sing for 2 generation, the story in Singapore is so impressed.
-- one song in Mandarin, this is the tough part, for please or intention local audience, he have to learn new language, new songs.

as a sponsor, we really gain more than we give, Mr, Yu always keep me on the spot light.

M. came from Singapore, old friend get together is so happen, after the concert, I brought him to the local restaurant, we talked until midnight. went back home, my daughter’s home work sitting on the table waiting for me. I have to finish it before she get mad in the early morning, access to the internet, download the Chinese Nod picture, combine the information and take them to her room.

It's been a while since my last late for home, this is not entrainment industry, I don't need to fooling around until wee hour.

Yesterday, the meeting with the Music company didn't go well, I see two party communicate like stranger, I don't known why, but can feel if this is the attitude to launch project together, we will definitely failed, so , I stop the meeting for a while, my interruption is to prove to every attendee if we don't like to do it, stop it now before it's too late, top down assignment will never be a good case, rapport and commitment is the prerequisite before any project. just like Adam from NACS asked : how you make the great improvement for this new initiative, my answer is First; passion, second: Passion and third : passion. I need to fix the problem before it go out of control, we are inexperience in the entertainment field, I may make the first contact, but it won't be good to open the channel then break up all the relationship I built before.

Miss Hung called, it surprised me, it’s been 5 years since we lost contact, and she runs a very successful Taiwanese seafood restaurant and opens the branch in Shanghai. Very success as well, I may see her in Shanghai on my next trip.