2003/10/06

Every 3 month, we will conduct a strategic meeting , the purpose for the meeting is to setting the quarterly goal and missions based on the voices we heard from our customers -- among them are employees, customers, share holders; we take the 6 SIGMA as the guidance to draw the fishbone chart, and then break down to sub-item which we named " Concurrent Engineering Diagram " by doing so, all the managers gathering for a day and go over issues related to the company goal; this time , no exception but I urge everyone to honesty tell the truth, so the discussion drag for 2 hours and the meeting couldn't ended by 9 pm.

I left the meeting venue earlier to catch up the dinner arranging by one of my EMBA classmate, at the dinner, met with few people in different industry, Jimmy is the one who I am interested is, he joined one of the media group when returning from his study aboard ( before going aboard, he was the chief editor of one of the 2 major business diary newspaper ), then acquired by another media group, according to him, his role is to drive the group to PLC, I heard a lot about him through one of my best friend's son who happen to be associated with him at the first media group; I am very curious to know how a company can trust a person in such a high ranking position developing his own business by exercising the company resource; to me who worked in multinational company for 15 years, this is amazing; I don't like the way he sneak other people, simply a gut feeling.

Read the article about the Heineken story and the person who brought up the ownership at the 30's and surviving from a kidnapped but remain optimistic to life; now the brewer going global and the hero is no longer in the world.