2003/09/23

It's a lazy Sunday, I missed all my Sunday to do's, fail to compile the textbook list for classmate-- fail to deliver my promise again and again; prepare nothing about my thesis -- no improving at all and force me to postpone my appointment with faculty on Monday; go out buying meat dumpling for branch, then sit on the sofa, slip in the DVD and watching the documentary of " Genghis Blues " , although I am sleepy and falling asleep in the last 20 minutes, but I managed to capture the spirit of the documentary -- it's a story about finding your own roots and show it to the world, the story begin with an American blues artist - a blind bluesman who shall be immigrated to the States quite a long time ago, searching for the ancient tribe and the music they heritages -- the lost kingdom which they called " Tuva " was located between the boarder of China and Russian, the music they perform is so unique -- the throat singing, Peter forming or contact with the " Friends of Tuva " association and assemble a music cal term to find where he belongs, it may compare with the ' Buna Vista Social Club " story the Ry Cooder re-discover the Cuban musician and show it to the world. root and music from the root help traces the history long lost in the immigrant’s heart.

I slept for 90 minutes around and awoke by the quarrel between my wife and 2 kids. thy fight for the home work again, I settle them down, it's weird to know that you are deep in sleep and heard the sound around you but you are dreaming in somewhere..., by 6:30 when all the home assignment were done, my mom comes home from her regular exercise, I brought my wife to Circle for the street vendor delicious again; this time, we found the short cut to the parking lot and find our way to the night market , it's amazing to learn that we didn't find the correct route after all the years; again, we ate Turkey rice, Oyster cake, Deep fly fish belly and a lot of vegetables; go home we pick another DVD -- Killing Emit.

I don't do any home work, don't read any good book, don't spend decent time with family but to lie down and do nothing for Sunday. I feel guilty, I shall confess, may I asked who else participate on my line and do exactly the same on last Sunday?