2003/09/21

My second YPO dinner took place on Thursday night, it was a monthly ( to be specific , they names it monthly gathering, but not in monthly routine ) gala . this time, the venue is Regent Hotel, there's an unwritten rule that none of the YPOer shall disclose his or her activity in YPO to the public, as a candidate, I shall follow the rule but only touch upon skin deep of the gathering; the session was chaired by day chairman, they organized the event with program, today's program is " Eat Health, good sexy ", we taste the healthy cuisine for dinner and listen to Dr. Lin's speech of how to anti-aging and what to eat, how to cook to keep a healthy life, I do agree with his opinions, such as " live 120 years old is not the goal, but to live healthy is much more important " I took notes during dinner and exchange business card with most of the YPOer, to me, they are all celebrity.

Friday, I attend the whole day seminar conducted by Business Week Asia -- I obtain the invitation from Atos-Origin and access to the seminar free of charge, I think the only benefit I get it to sit in an international seminar and to improve my English listening skill, I am not sure if I am too old for the educational seminar or my EMBA Classes provide more broader view then the seminar itself. the subject can't really cause my attention since I knew a lot better then some of the speakers; the interactive media survey during the seminar is quite interesting, you can interactively know the statistic when the speaker pull out a questionnaire, then the result will come once you push the bottom for your favor answer, then all the attendee will know the outcome of this group's genetic response to the question, the first question is the most interested one, it asked the purpose for CEO 's to attend the seminar, the longest bar from the chart is " relax from the office " the seminar makes me go home earlier, we go for a new movie " Italian job ", it's a re-shooting story based on the 1967 old movie, no blood and not vicious violence, thieves use their brain to perform their specialty, the story is tight and with logic, I enjoy it a lot.

I was called to shooting a commercial film for the upcoming Taiwan International Business Alliance event , to be a image spoke person for government is sort of honor, although I am not favor current ruling administration, but why they pick up me is a don't know answer. I go for the shooting on Sat. morning, thanks for my entertainment background, I was told by the director that my performance is kind of professional, I done both TV and Radio commercial within 15 minutes, the schedule for broadcasting the film is from Sep.29, I am curious to know how I looked on CF as a Taiwan spoke person.

Saturday afternoon, the routine ping-pong exercise, I am relatively good. all the team members except Eric went for dinner together, I invited Henry to join us as I thought OSKing and Henry are one of a kind, shall encounter and come out with some wisdom or sparks; I choose the restaurant, a Shanghai cousin, the food is great but the guest there was a little bit complicate, I thinks some gangs love to eat there, anyway, We had a very good meal and spend a very good night.

went home by 10:00, me and my wife pick up another DVD directed by Claudid bURNORE - the director who did 2 great French film we enjoyed very much, this one is an outstanding one, translate from Chinese to English is called " Woman are only one kind " , so detailed about man and woman,