2003/09/25

Early wake up and late for bad was my life for the past 4 days, Tuesday morning, my elementary school classmate paid a visit to me, Amos was with him and helping turn around his company for like 6 months, but in vain, Amos not only feel frustrated about the whole situation, but also review his friendship with Mr. Chen, I am not surprise to know he will visit me since we accidentally met at my EMBA classmates' office; what surprise me is he brought his friends ( I guess ) without notify me, so, I cant' really enjoy this appointment.
Martin came and visit by noon, son of Mr. Yu- my respected old friend, Martin is a typical money hunting man, always looking for niche where he can learn easy money, like shark smell the blood in the wild sea; so, his impression to me is poor, of course, the communication between father and son is a problem in Yu's family, I knows many untold story by Mr. Yu as we are close friend when in the entertainment days, we still keep contact but with lower frequency, I shall always take Mr. Yu's story as an example or textbook avoiding making wrong steps in my life.
Fix my teeth in Tuesday afternoon, I have a doubt that the dentist who perform the duty is not a certified dentist, because it really hurt, not to mention the drill break my lips, I really can't image a pregnant woman will use the dental tools so rude, it's a terrifying experience. Night ping pong was called by me as I can't make it on Wed and not able to attend in this coming Saturday as well, yes. all sweet out, relax and exciting.

CHT meeting was long again, I am not sure if this time we will getting somewhere, but David turn to another person, before the meeting, we met with Chairman of CHT and apology for the postponing of the original scheduled meeting between this 2 big shot, after the courtesy greeting, we will sent to the meeting room,. then the topic of what to be discussed arose, it make my colleague from Japan feel so uncomfortable, and the meeting centralized on one subject -- MOD. I can't see a chance that MOD goanna success anywhere, so, this is not a smart move to join the " fail project ", how to drag the procedure and not to hurt their feeling is a key issue. what make my other colleague unhappy is there's no " Fair " trade off opportunity for us to express, so the prerequisite for the meeting is not sustain yet.

Dinner with special sales dept is interesting, COO pick the 55 years old restaurant -- Yin Yi -- everyone enjoy the meal and the conversation in between, this time, I found the team is more vital and energetic, probably due to the great performance for the month and partly because we know each other better then before, during the dinner, everyone talked about their school life and the old TAIWAN days.
this morning, we met Mr. Tsai - minister without portfolio at the Science and Technology building, the purpose for the meeting is to share with Mr. Tsai what we face for a unfair competition in the market and to address our foreign investment viewpoint toward this issue, giving pressure to governmental body better be performed by foreigner, unfortunately COO is out for business trip, thus I need to delivery the message and play the bad guy again.

Inviting Marketing team for lunch and join their weekly meeting is the thing I did today, I used to head the marketing team and always feel like sharing marketing ideas with colleague, I been away from the marketing session for too long, to sit on the meeting give me new aspects of how the team running now