2004/05/27

A mentally Sauna today, I've been experience too much for these few days, the change pace and the direction making me nervous, thanks for my wife who support me in every direction and helping me resume my confidence.

the negotiation with CHT is in freeze, no improvement at all, although this is in my guess, but I can't disclose it too much as our Japanese colleagues are trying their best to build up the logic in negotiation; as this is a " negotiation " no proven threat won't make significant improvement; even we present an idea counter proposal , but they can easily say to us : they understand it but won't accept it; as we already pave the road for other ISP, the effort is a pay off for other players, they can ride on and enjoy every improvement we made through the diplomatic and commercial negotiations; I know they won't make special arrangement for us due to the ' Public entity " concern and I also understand any step back from they will result to a giant impact to them, by detail calculation, they claimed a 200 million lost when agree to reduce / discount to all ISP with the new scheme, but they didn't count in the shrink of capitalization in the stock market, when announce the reduce price of ADSL, the market capitalization drop 2.4 billions NT already. so if we stick on our revenue lost and increasing cost, they will never treat it as a negotiation buffer.

Chairman is coming on next Monday, I scheduled the meeting with Chairman of CHT, hopefully, we may get some improvement by then.

yesterday, lunch with another Japanese colleagues who take his own holiday and coming for " showing " his intention to work with us in Taiwan, I told him 3 obstacles to be overcome , the language issue, the people issue and the career issue, I don't know if he is comfortable with my points, but the intention of his working in Taiwan is pretty strong, I have no objection, but if we need to pay her triple the salary comparing with local staff and provide him better accommodation / position, then I will have second thought about it, once we will go for IPO, I shall have the full control of overhand cost and to think carefully of who to make decent contribution with less cost. this is a very pragmatic question and I will not escape from it.

this morning, the invitation of deliver speech in NTCU is a rare experience, this time, I try a new way to present my speech, with no power point, no slide, but session of music to reflect my " growth map " in the music industry, this is a reflection for my past 10 years, with songs and story telling, I am taking the audience to a music journey with me and share with them the inside story of those songs and activity.

lunch invited by Professor Kao is a career shock to me, I have no idea that he is planning to make me the President of PBS in Taiwan and have collect all the power to exercise on this intention, I told him this is like my goal in 50 comes earlier, then the fight between sense and sensibility occurs, my heart told me this is the dram I always want to pursue, my brain told me this is to early to adapt and may be treated as a business executive escape from the battle field, to run a NPO is what I am looking for in my 50's and to contribute to the culture / media development in Taiwan is what I always want to be, but .... when ring my wife, she says no immediately and advise me don't take it , I got a chance to consult with 2 of my EMBA classmate before Sky / Jeff concert, they don't really understand me and they don't have e clue of how my and my wife building our relationship and sharing the life together, as she will take every consequence after the decision is made by me, so I need to respect her feeling of my career options, we know only a few family in Taiwan share so deep and share so much, I ma lucky and I will not feeling frustrated any more.

the problem is how to say " I am sorry ' to professor Kao is the proposal been approved by Executive Yuang ?

I enjoy the 3 hours of concert, bring Peter / Jasper to the back stage and greeting to artists, friendship existed and my heart is warm.

0 Comments:

張貼留言

<< Home