2004/09/03

Writing a letter to summer intern J. this is what I said to him :

Dear Jonathan,

This is the last week you can enjoy the internship at So-net; as I mentioned to you prior to your participating on this program, for a Start-Up like us, it’s difficult to provide a comprehensive intern project at this moment; hope you can bear it and value your stay here .

「 Observation 」 and 「 Think how to improve it 」 are two key areas I want you to focus when conducing our first coffee break review; 「extending your help to others when needed」 is the attitude I wish you to stick in the office; to be honest with you, your performance exceed my expectation and I overheard positive comments about you in the office too.

So-net is a new initiative deployed by Sony HQ, every new initiative will encounter enormous challenge especially when the new world didn’t drawing too much so called 「 Best Practice 」 in the arena we live – a combining telecom / internet / communication and community convergence future. To lead an entity like this is another big challenge as well, when everyone’s in the dark, you have to show them where the light is and make believe what you see is the collective future ahead.

From non business related perspective, I found that you are an independent and well educated person, keep your pure heart always, although the world won’t be as bright as we wish, but the faith we follow will some how pave the road to a better tomorrow.

I am planning a farewell dinner for you, please provide me the guest list for who you wish to invite.

I am attaching the review guide line for your reference and welcome your coming back any time.

Best Personal Regards
Roger
2004/9/3

Weekly Review Items

1. What’s been done for the past week?
2. What you learn for the past week? In both Macro and Micro perspectives.
3. What you observe for the past week?
4. Where’s area you think they are doing better than your current ability? And in which area you think you have a better way to improve it.
5. Question rose during past week?
6. Your plan for next week if any?
7. Things not related to office operation?
8. About people – who you contact for the past week.

no big thing happen today, stay in the office as my wife warn me, we both watch the documentary film " How long is Taipei " , the story told 2 worker who involving in 2 gianganic project - Taipie 101 and Taiwan High Speed Rail , how they strive for a living and hungry for any job available, this is a warning sing to me, be displine while working.




0 Comments:

張貼留言

<< Home