2004/10/18

Spending decent time doing internal communication today, after the routine managers' meeting, I chaired a " Channel alternation strategy meeting ", this was cause by last Friday, when Marketing, Sales and Product dept. Getting together for the job function discussion, some miscommunication happened and it leaves a no result ending; Special Assistant inform me about this and wish I can conduct such a meeting again to resolve this issue. I did it.

the major difficulty lays in :
1. The concept of channel alternation is for aiming the change of business landscape from ISP to non ISP, the communication between shops and HQ wasn't done yet.
2. non ISP product launch with sale target, but the monitoring scheme wasn't in place, sales incentive and performance review was not design and the marketing resources haven't been located yet, so the product team carrying the sales target but the sales performance can't be reviewed.
3. When structure the mid range plan, product / revenue / channel / sales wasn't planned in a action table yet, thus, the mechanism of resource allocation was not well examined, this create an unbalance product development.
4. Transform of shops create new job and assignment need to be filled, non of the dept. Willing to pick up the additional loading.
5. Too many " to do" without priority.

I made a few remarks and urge a operational discussion among related dept. After the meeting, in the afternoon, during the coffee breaks, the topic bounce back again, I spend time to review my point with them respectively; the more I preach, the more I know what's going on, the message come to me is : we are involving in things we never did before and no one know the clear answer, we need collect efforts to drive the car to a save ground; this is what I feel now; find your way out make us exhausted.

expressing the second half life with C. At lunch, do nothing is terrible, nothing to do is boring; she said I need a vacation, I agreed, but why ? So what? what ahead in front is an unknown future, I am in the interim, a limited flexibility of changing, break away. And break out.

the restaurant we picked using our service, I am happy and sending my card naturally.

0 Comments:

張貼留言

<< Home