2004/09/06

A public listed company approaching us for a " Bundle " sale of their set top box -- a MOD concept device and service; the initatial contact was make between 2 sales team, then is escalate up to me and president of the company, he was referred by a long lost friend of mine; I arranged a courtesy meeting in the office one month ago , before the meeting, summon my people to brief me the concept and the intention we had in mind; when learning that our sales team didn't want to close the deal, I subtly deliver the message of " we may not able to " at the meeting; I thought this will be the end of the story; before I went home, the president call me and forward me a message that our sales people break the promise and didn't offer the price for bundle; when checked with sales managers, he was not aware of the development, but firmly told me he prefer not to enter any form of corporation with this company and told me this insturction have send to our account executive in charge, he is afraid that we didn't deliver a clear answer and may leave an impression that there still hope for the corporation; I tried very hard to draw the picture and told the sales manager I am in line with their decison, but our sales team must deliver a clear answert to his counter window, then we don't need to spending time on the " non value added " activity.

return to the office by 4:30 , COO forward a message about finding another employee who resigned 2 weeks ago, now join the prior marketing manager and work at the company a few stroies above us; this is weired, it seems to me, the regination of our staff is planed and the outcome didn't make us feel good, I don't mind any person leave the company, in the end, we will all leave in different stage, but to be honest with your supirior is the best way, because, you don't really who you will running into in your career ahead, once you deliver a lie, you lost the credit you hardly built and you lost a great chance for a referal like me; if this is a coincedent, the mature way is to call and inform poeple you know in the company you worked before, then the misunderstanding may not take place then. for this situation, I don't know whether this is a planed leave and re-join or this is simply an accidental encouter .

0 Comments:

張貼留言

<< Home