2004/10/28

J. asked me the career opportunity opened for him a few days ago, seeking my opinion to clearfy his disturbing mind, as the company executive and a friend of him, I tried to convey the message in mild and analyical tone:
1. I support young man who tried to venture themsleve in new business, new environment and new challenge; don't feel regret about any decision.
2. Think the requirement of the job scope open for him, and to audit what experience, expertise, knowledge he need to perform properly and contribut to the new company.
3. Think why they want him ? any short term urgency ? if they deliver a long term development idea, don't take their word so simple as you don't have a history with them before.
4. Think what would he be in the near future ? entreprenure or professional manager ? if formal goal fit him, then go and learn , break and grow, if latter, his next ventur shall not join a local firm, but to join another multi-national corporation and to learn the secret of running a big operation.
5. buidling rapport relationship with those who admire him, by knowing each other more, both will understand when and how to work together for a longer future.
6. What to trade : hard-working, energy, physical status, sacrifice ? and trading for what ?

then I draw a map for him in the company and explained to him next 2 years will see the clear fortune of the company, if we successfully transform, then, he and other 2 candidates will success the company and become new executive leading the company to a new height; if we fail to perform the task, we may sale or buy another ISP, because we know our limitation and can only stay safe in where we are; but in both case, I will hand over the company to them. then he asked about my future career and how I am gonna spend my second life ? I don't answer him directly but subtly told him there are many options ahead of me, I can only possively analyze them and seeking a new platfom to enjoy it.

Jerry present to me the new development of the flash animation company he established 4 years ago; 2 long story, one for movie, the other for a new series " 886 ", this is the first time I can feel his strong passion from his heart, we've been knowing each other for 15 years, he is passive, hinding behind, and reluctant to show his confidence to others; this time, I can really feel his trobbing heart; I encourge him to pursue what he believe and fighting for the good fight, Partnership business bringing problems always, when businee is good, partner will challenge who contribut more and get less; business is bad, partner complain each other for not making right decision; business go flat -- why bother to forming partnership ? Jerry facing this delimn too, I recommend him to take strong position and to survive from his dream; if passion with him always, his goal will be achieved. and this is the first time I listen to him carefully, listen to what he demostrate a compelling story, the story about the animation he is planning.

Late night at bed, I burst out saying something semtimental to my wife, she cried, I said " Finally, we will come to a termenal that one will left the other first, if the day come, the surviving one will never got the chance to talk, smile to the one he love, he or she must be very sorrow, the grief and pain will stay until his or her day comes " we loved each other so much, we skip this ture imagination, we ignor the situation which will come for sure, I think unitl falling asleep.

This morning, COO organised an urgent meeting, this is for drafting and sending offical document complaining the unfair situation among ISP's , especially the company who charge other ISP will rereasonable peering fees; the emotion arose by COO make the ambience of the meeting stiff; I am calm and I don't favor the strong action to the government at this timing; to declear the war with your sneaky enemy in public wasn't smart, to fight with the enemy alone wasn't smart either; if the company's business practice is agaisting social justice , media shall be the tool to ampify our collective voice; I stand strong on my position and finally, COO seize his fire and agree on seeking a more strategic approach for reslove this issue; I always support COO's decision and had a great content of the mistake he may made, people grow by learning new thing, try new thing , you hardly avoid all the errow; but this is the end of the 3rd operation year, I have to firmly present my ' right ' and " wrong " to my colleages.

0 Comments:

張貼留言

<< Home