2004/12/07

Another busy day without assistant; I managed to clean my thick files on the table; revising the interview questionare for tomorrow and rush to have a coffee with engireering manager, I asked him how's cross-dept. corporation with product dept; he told me eveything went well, I raised a sharp question about the dead line? his answer was there's no dead line issue and the application service is a phase by phase development, we don't need to release every wish at once; I buy this concept, then he ( B. ) told me, the product development process for On line service is quite unususal comparing with Network product; as every new service we lunch in the OS dept. we don't have a existing model or template, so , we need to spend decent time to analyse the business criteria, and the marketing side of the business, I am a little bit confused as I thought the " Marketing " input should come from the marketing team instead of Engireering team, his response is we have to understand why we want to launch this new service and how to get them to use it? I decided not to spending time debating on this issue, but when B. asked my opinion about Blog? I told him I used it for almost 2 years, my finding is:
1. the total amount of blog user exceeding the critical mass , the rampage turn it to a trend.
2. it's like writing a diary, the difference is in the old days, people wrote it on the paper and reluctant to share with stranger. now, they tend to do in on the internet and sharing it to public.
3. from the broadcasting to narrowcasting to one-to-one interactive communciation, net create a new eggterian for people.
4, If our blog service can catogrolize by the nature of interest group and featuring the most-read, most welcomed blog, it may direct our user to a frequent user.

then I share with him my finding about PSP and why SONY position it as the " walkman of 21 century "
1. It's wireless.
2. the storage is mini disc with a Sony technology instead of HD, which means, the changeable CD turn the device a no limitation of multimedia device - not only for games, but for films and music.
3. the chip and disc creat a new barrier for competitor.

lunch with A-kuei, I brought him to the Flesh Fish restaurant, I found the taste wan't as good as before, maybe today the chef is on leave; A-kuei is quite happy about this gathering, he been to Tibet since our last meal, it seems the Tibet trip is a turing point for himself and for his business; I am glad he find a way to intepretate the good luck ahead of him.

Jean called in the evening, another light turn on.

0 Comments:

張貼留言

<< Home