2004/11/08

I forgot to ment,ioned that I finished reading " 5 people you meet in heaven " on Sunday; the third and forth person Eddie met ( a lady and his wife ) is more touching; overall viewpoint after reading is that the story cope with the recarnintion concept from Buddalism, a " cause - result " cycle reflect to a story about Eddie; a fiction at all; well, easy to digest.

Lunch with Professor Chaung at the French Restaurant, this is his first time there, surprise to know that it's at his walking ( or jogging ) distance; we had a good time during the lunch, this week is perfect for him as he told me this is the break for mid-term examination, so no class at NTU; I think a relationship developed out of a routine or obligation will be a ture friendship, I am no longer a student of him, but I can choose to contact him at my own, thus why the lunch will be so fruitful; during the lunch, I discovered that " Voice of village " another 921 series documentary out of Fullshot fundation is an fiction as well, the charactor of DJ is so vivid and he is the soul of the film , when Professor told me that the charctor was created by the director and act as the voice of him, I am surprised and a little bit disappointed, as I had a dream to find the aboriginal folk singer who is now performing at one pub in Bali, this is really out of my imagination. we talked about life, work and kids, 2 hours gone so soon.

I am planning to have my hair cut tonight, my wife said my current hair style is like wearing a hat -- I think to wear a wig is more accurate, she will bring me to the barber shop tonight; by noon, she called me and asked me not to call the Chairman and express my strong intention of acting as GM, I am surprised to learn that she know me so deep, I obalish the idea of calling him and leave the decision to the directors.

no echo from the latest CEO chat, this is common to see, doing what you ought to and not to doube about your intention. I almost forget to write it down, after the managers' meeting this morning, one of our colleage put a bag in my office desk, this is a birthday gift to me, I am surprised and a little bit nervours, I wrote him a letter mentioned about my gratitude and how I appreciate his kindness, but at the same time, I also told him that I have to obey the code of conduct as a CEO of the company, integrity and honest is very important for me in the company, I can be the person show my gratidue to my staff and send them birthday gift, but to accept precious gift from subodinate will be a totally different story, I told him that I will take the greeting card instead and encourge him to product unique value to anyone he respect,luxury good won't be a good gift for the one you respect. we had a coffee this afternoon, he fully understood my concerns, we are friends still.

0 Comments:

張貼留言

<< Home